Title goes here

Support for Priority Students

Support for Priority Students

Support for Priority Students

UCW is committed to supporting all of our students, but we are able to provide additional support for priority students.

We class these as care leavers, young carers, students who live in foyer accommodation and students who are estranged from their family.

  • Care leavers – a care leaver is someone who has been in local authority care before entering higher education. This could be in a residential children’s home, in foster care or at home with their parents under the supervision of social services.
  • Young carers – a young carer is someone aged under 18 who looks after someone in their family who has an illness, disability, mental health condition or drug/alcohol problem.
  • Students living in foyer accommodation – young people between the ages of 16-25 who are at risk of homelessness may be housed in a local foyer.
  • Estranged students – estrangement describes someone under the age of 25 who has no or limited contact or support from their parents or wider family.

If any of the above applies to you, our HEART student services team is able to provide additional and individual support. Either email the team on or give them a ring on 01934 411 403 to find out more about the support on offer.

Depending on your circumstances, though, you may prefer to go directly to our named contacts

Claire Roberts
01934 411 475

Clem Williams
01934 422 762

Jess Darby
01934 422 776

[ess_grid alias="insta"]
join us on socials