Far from being a traditional silent library, LibraryPlus is a vibrant learning location where students can study, think and create in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
UCW’s Knightstone, University and South West Skills Campuses all have their own LibraryPlus centre to enable students to access an immense range of resources to support their progression, including specialist learning mentors.
Learning mentors are here to help you maximise your potential. They work with you on a one-to–one basis, in small groups, or with your whole class on live projects and assignments.
This helps to ensure students can carry out effective research, put together portfolios and write effective and successful assignments.
We have been proud to invest over a million pounds to provide modern library facilities to help our students get the very most out of their UCW experience.
Students have a dedicated study room at our Knightstone Campus, and state-of-the-art technology at both Knightstone and University Campuses.
Experienced and friendly staff are always on hand to support and advise you, no matter what your experience and level of study. Each LibraryPlus centre has an extensive range of study materials to support your success, including:
- Over 40,000 books, journals and multimedia resources
- A new specialist journal database with free access to over 700 journal titles to ensure the best information access
- A wide range of technology for free loan including digital cameras, video cameras, Kindles and audio recorders
- Full access to printers, photocopiers, laminators, binders and scanners
- A variety of study spaces for individual or group study
- A range of literature to advise you on your continued professional development
- Career information, college guides and prospectuses
- Over 160 PC computers and a suite of state-of-the-art Apple Mac computers at our University Campus site
- Laptops and iPads for flexible study
- Fast, free WiFi access at all our sites, open for you to use with your own equipment if required, or with the LibraryPlus equipment
- 24/7 support through Moodle, our Virtual Learning Environment.