Far from being a traditional silent library, LibraryPlus is a vibrant learning hub where students can study, think and create in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
UCW’s LibraryPlus base for higher education is now in the Winter Gardens, where students are able to access an immense range of resources to support their progression, including assistance from specialist HE LibraryPlus (HE.LP) staff.
Learning Mentors work with our students on a one-to-one basis, in small groups and with whole classes on live projects and assignments.
They help our students to carry out effective degree-level research, put together portfolios and improve their academic writing and digital skills.
They also work with the UCW Learning Support Team to host daily study skills sessions – called Study Hub – in the Winter Gardens open-plan study area.
UCW students have exclusive access to quiet individual study spaces and collaborative group work spaces in the Winter Gardens LibraryPlus.
Additional LibraryPlus facilities and resources for UCW students can be accessed at our Knightstone, Loxton and South West Skills Campuses.
We’ve invested over a million pounds to provide modern library facilities to help our students get the very most out of their UCW experience.
Each LibraryPlus centre has an extensive range of study materials to support our students’ success, including:
- More than 40,000 books, ebooks, journals, articles, DVDs and multimedia resources.
- A specialist e-journal database with free access to over 700 journal titles.
- A wide range of technology students can borrow at no extra expense, including digital cameras, video cameras and audio recorders.
- Access to printers, photocopiers, laminators, binders and scanners.
- A variety of study spaces for individual or group study.
- A range of literature to advise students on their continued professional development.
- More than 200 bookable PCs, Macs, laptops and tablets.
- Fast, free WiFi access in all locations.
- 24/7 access to online academic resources and study skills advice through the Moodle Virtual Learning Environment and Office365.