Headstart 4: Getting Ready for University – Summer Workshops
Get a “Head Start” before coming to uni!
Get ahead and discover what resources and learning activities are in place to support your studies with a range of bite-sized study skills workshops and self-directed study. Experience and familiarise yourself with our learning environments as you engage in live demos and discussions alongside practice activities in preparation for September. Session themes include:
- Academic writing
- Reflective practice
- Note-taking and reading strategies
- Presentation skills
- Critical thinking
- Harvard referencing
- Library and learning resources
- English language support
- Digital skills
- Specialist support
- Wellbeing and mindfulness.
Please note: There are limited onsite places available.
JOINING US ONLINE – HOW WILL IT WORK?
Click HERE to view the online schedule for the day
- After signing up, you will be added as a VIP to the Microsoft Teams channel for the course you have applied for.
- You will then have access to the channel and will receive an email with a joining link on the day before the event
- Click the link in that email to join the meeting
JOINING US ONSITE – HOW WILL IT WORK?
Click HERE to view the onsite schedule for the day
- When you have signed up someone will be in contact with you regarding your booking
- You will be sent instructions and timings for the day
Not applied for a course or come to the other Headstart sessions? No worries! You will still find this session really useful when trying to decide whether a degree course is right for you.
If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Tel: +44 (0) 1934 411 409